Sunday Morning Worship 9:00 am
Holy Communion at the end of service on each first Sunday of the month.
Calvary United Methodist Church/ Christiansburg, November 21st, 2021: Update
- Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals only. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged, however. Vaccinated persons do not need to wear a mask.
- Pews remain marked off. Social distancing is still encouraged. We pass the peace at the end of the service by reciting our mission statement. Pastor Sebert dismisses the congregation after the benediction.
- Hymnals and Bibles have just recently been placed back in the pews. Singing is now allowed. We do not sanitize after the service any longer.
- Offering plates are still by each door.
CALVARY U.M.C. ORDER OF WORSHIP SERVICE FOR April 24, 2022
Calvary United Methodist Church
Pastor Sebert Rorrer
April 24, 2022
Gathering of the Congregation
Welcome and Announcements
Call To Worship
Introit: “Surely The Presence Of The Lord” UMH #328
Worship Through Praise and Music
*Hymn of Praise: “Thine Be The Glory” UMH #308
Prayers Of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Worship Through Affirming Our Faith
*The Apostle’s Creed Page 881
*Gloria Patri Page 71
Worship Through Hearing The Word
*Hymn of Preparation: “I Know Whom I Have Believed” UMH #714
Scripture: John 20:19-31 Page 945
“Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you, As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.”” John 20:21
A. Whatever God asks you to do there are some important things to remember.
1. Your authority comes from God!
2. Jesus demonstrated by word and actions how to accomplish jobs he gives you.
3. As the Father sends Jesus, so Jesus sends you.
4. You must have the word of God.
5. You must have the Holy Spirit.
*Hymn Of Commitment: “Breathe On Me, Breath Of God” UMH #420
*The Passing of God’s Love and Peace: Mission Statement
Kingdom Building Through Our Tithes and Offerings
Postlude: Doxology Page 95
*Denotes that the congregation stands as able.
Through the love of Jesus Christ, Calvary United Methodist Church is a beacon of light and love to our families, our community, our nation, and the world. Guided by the Holy Spirit we are a covenant church with Jesus Christ through faith, prayer, and service.
Sunday Bible Study at 6:00pm – 1 Samuel
Wednesday Prayer Service at 3:00pm